For Christmas history, see Christmas (historical).
From December 1st to the 25th, FBG will release an access code every day. Little trinkets and toys will be given out with the codes.
This has given you seven Potential Christmas Cards. Send them before Christmas, from your lodgings! [From 4th December until Christmas Day, you will receive new Christmas cards each week via Time, the Healer.]
- You now have 7 x A Potential Christmas Card
'Merry Christmas. Just - keep them away from requiems. Carols. Wells. Lacre.'
You open your window. No, it is not your attention; rather, the bat is trying to get a rise from a little mechanical bird someone has left on your windowsill. It must have been placed there recently, too; the lacre has not yet built up around it.
- You've gained 1 x Whirring Contraption
Discovered, they flee! The corridor is narrow - rubbery flesh squeezes past you in the dark. They have abandoned their tools, along with whatever they were excavating from behind your cellar wall.
A soul! A pale, still soul, watching you from inside its bottle with an unusual degree of tranquillity.
- You've gained 1 x Silent Soul
That steam! Inhale it and feel your synapses snap and your sinuses crackle. [Drinking Darkdrop Coffee will refresh ten actions. Find it in your inventory.]
- You've gained 1 x Darkdrop Coffee
Someone has left… something in the centre of your parlour. Was it a gift? Or did you disturb them at their midnight work?
- You've gained 1 x Rat of Glory
Seven bats perch on the roof of your house. This is, perhaps, a good omen.
'We've had our differences. But this is Christmas. Best wishes, the Fallen London Probably Random Number Algorithm'
- You've gained 1 x Devilbone Die
You skim the letter: '...and so it was her last wish that you have this, to remember her.' You don't recognise the signature, but the diamond brooch is familiar. When you look at it, you taste cigar smoke and plums.
- You've gained 1 x Ostentatious Diamond
- You've gained 1 x Vision of the Surface
- You've gained 1 x Mourning Candle
'More tin soldiers! And fungal jungle stalks to scale!' 'Safe zees, and peace in the Neath.' 'In the event of unscheduled overflow, fly from London. The air is the only refuge; glide until the lacre subsides.' 'A dolly! But better than my old one.'
- You've gained 1 x Fragment of the Tragedy Procedures
Ah, lacre. The Neath's answer to snow. Lacre-men always seem watchful. Lacre-capped roofs tingle with sinister phosphorescence. Lacre dissolves in water only reluctantly, like a guest who hopes to find space in your box-room. [Use this in your inventory to learn more about lacre or acquire a Destiny.]
- You've gained 1 x Unusual Pail of So-Called Snow
The season is rife with old customs. When you wake in the morning, the candle has burned down. Only a smear of wax remains, and the memory of its flame, fierce on the glass.
The High Wilderness! An unblemished frontier of endless night, awash with potential. The Merchant Venturer is out there, plying the wind-roads of the void. Where one has gone, may others follow?
- You've gained 1 x Sky-Story
"Like spores," he says, "from never." He strains to sign at the ceiling... or the Surface. Something primordial tugs at the coat-tails of your memory.
- You've gained 1 x Primaeval Hint
She points to the mistletoe on the gaslamp above them. They are shy; but after an intimate hesitation, they kiss. You see them in silhouette.
It's reassuring to see traditions endure, even deep under the earth. Perhaps you'll dream of stars, and fir-trees, and snow. Proper snow.
The hat attracts luminous beetles. They flutter impertinently about your lodgings. Alight on your tea cups. Congregate hopefully by your biscuit tin.
- You've gained 1 x Sporing Bonnet
- You've gained 100 x Phosphorescent Scarab
- Nightmares is dropping… (-2 CP)
You hunker down behind a wall, and answer with a salvo of your own. During a gap in hostilities, a Gap-Toothed Ragamuffin hands you a rat, by way of a peace offering. "Yer all right, for a longshanks."
- You've gained 1 x Rat on a String
- You've gained 3 x Dubious Testimony
- You've gained 1 x Sworn Statement
The angel itself is shabby. Its dress is stained, its face obviously glued back together after being dropped. But its diadem positively glows. Indeed, you pop the little jewel from its crown, and -- oh, god! This is no ordinary stone! This is -- yes!
- You've gained 1 x Mountain-sherd
They're rougher than a proper chamber choir, but they make up for it by being even more lively than the drunks of Veilgarden. And they don't even threaten to rob you of figgy pudding! "We just want to spread a little joy for once," says their leader, shaking your hand vigorously. "Merry Christmas!"
This dream is over. Perhaps something remained.
- [This has raised your Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre quality. You'll be able to trade it for rewards in January.]
- [Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre +1 level]
By the time you've clambered onto your roof, it's empty. But tucked into the chimney is a wrapped bundle, perhaps the loot stashed by some fleeing burglar. You'll consider it an early present.
- You've gained 1 x Bottle of Broken Giant 1844
- You've gained 1 x Partial Map
- You've gained 100 x Foxfire Candle Stub
- You've gained 1 x Solacefruit
"Do you recall how we came to that place? And they sang of their lightnings and shapeful disgrace? And we tilted our vanes and ennobled our spires. They welcomed us then and commingled all choirs. And not enough, not enough. Still It mourns, and still waits the Sun."
- You've gained 1 x Meticulously Altered Stocking
Meet, drink, and be many, for tomorrow They may dine.
- You've gained 1 x Magnificent Feast